PURPOSE: To promote youth participation, sportsmanship and excellence within OVRHA & NRHA. Create leaders of tomorrow.
Senior Division (age 16-18)
- 1st Place: $500
- 2nd Place: $250
- 3rd Place: $150
Junior Division (age 13-15)
- 1st Place: $300
- 2nd Place: $200
- 3rd Place: $100
Must be age 13 – 18 on January 1, 2016.
Complete application and submit to OVRHA@yahoo.com no later than June 18, 2016.
- Must be age 13 – 18 on January 1, 2016.
- Complete application and submit to OVRHA@yahoo.com no later than June 18, 2016.
- Must be 2016 OVRHA member.
- Must show in at least 50% of the 2016 OVRHA approved shows.
- Each applicant will interview with (3) Officers/Directors or Members from OVRHA on Saturday July 2, 2016.
- Complete 5 hours of OVRHA community service. All activities must be approved by the Youth Committee before participation. At least four (4) activities must be completed: shadow a scribe, horseshow set-up, horseshow take-down, gate duty, show office assistance, and announce a class. Email completed form to OVRHA@yahoo.com no later than July 16, 2016.
- Applicants must participate in an OVRHA fundraiser (ie: silent auction, 50-50 raffle). Email completed form to OVRHA@yahoo.com no later than July 16, 2016.
- Complete essay on assigned topic (400-500 words) – SENIORS ONLY and submit to OVRHA@yahoo.com no later than July 16, 2016.
- Each applicant must shadow a trainer (other than their own) for a minimum of one hour while the trainer is schooling a client and/or horse. Complete a 150-250 word summary on new techniques and/or insights that were learned. Submit summary to OVRHA@yahoo.com no later than July 30, 2016.
- Point deductions will be applied to all late applications and other missed deadlines at a rate of one point per day.
- OVRHA and the Youth Achievement Award Committee expect all youth participants to maintain a high level of sportsmanlike conduct and will penalize for negative behavior.
- Amy Kirby Phone: 614-203-0643 email: email@example.com
- Michele Waugh Phone: 614-595-4745 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants will be scored on the following:
1. Completeness of application (25 points, Due June 18, 2016).
2. Interview assessment (100 points, Will be held Saturday, July 2, 2016).
3. OVRHA community service (50 points, Due July 16, 2016).
4. OVRHA Fundraiser participation (50 points, Due July 16, 2016).
5. Essay: content, grammar, presentation (100 points, Due July 16, 2016). (SENIORS ONLY)
Essay Topic: Why did you join the sport of reining and what has kept you interested.
6. Shadow a Trainer report (50 points, Due July 30, 2016).
Documents for Community Service/Fundraiser tracking and Shadow a Trainer summary: